Surprisingly, female hair loss treatments are on the rise in America. The causes behind this trend may be related to the increased stresses of everyday life, increased use of heated appliances when styling, the use of hair extensions and poorly managed diets. Society tells us that we should all aim to have a full head of flowing locks, but unfortunately this isn’t always a given.
Beyond the controllable factors of stress and diet, one of the most common conditions affecting women is Female Pattern Hair Loss, or Androgenetic Alopecia. This hereditary condition causes thinning hair which can be found around the top of the head and crown area, while the density of the hair from the sides and back of the scalp will remain unaffected. As first signs of hair loss women may notice more shedding than usual, and their parting becoming wider. Female hair loss may also cause a receding hairline, where hair thins around the temples.
At Modena Hair Institute we deal with as many ways as possible to counteract every element that causes women’s hair loss.
So what can be done? If you’re suffering from female hair loss then there are a great many options available to you.
- Hair Growth Products – There are some quality hair restoration products we are able to recommend that will help reduce female hair loss. These include stimulants to encourage hair growth and topical solutions which can be used to thicken your hair.
- Shampoo & Conditioner: Designed for every hair type, GroMD™ has specially formulated shampoos and conditioners to help maintain one’s hair and scalp in a healthy and vibrant state. Their shampoo and conditioner is equipped with Argan oil, Biotin, Niacinamide and other essential elements to protect and nourish for a healthy scalp. You can also work the GroMD™ follicle activator spray through the ends of your still damp hair. This will have the added effect of keeping hair supple and shiny.
- Hair Restoration Therapy
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Therapy: A breakthrough in non-surgical hair restoration, PRP has been known to stimulate cell regrowth, slow hair shedding, and aid during the hair restoration process. Acell enhanced PRP injections from Modena help patients with thinning hair by increasing their hair count, thickness, and growth speed.
- Laser Therapy: Low level laser therapy, or LLLT, can help to promote hair loss stabilization and regrowth and is particularly beneficial when used as part of a combination treatment course consisting of the primary medications for hair loss. With laser hair therapy, patients enjoy a safe, proven, and effective hair loss treatment known to improve hair volume by more than 50% in the very first year.
- Hair Replacement Treatments – Surgical hair replacement is the most tried and true solution for filling in areas of thinning hair or baldness. This has been our area of specialization for over a decade and we have helped numerous patients with women’s hair transplants. The two most popular procedures are FUT (follicular unit transplantation) and FUE (follicular unit extraction).
- FUT is the more classic procedure, which involves removing a strip of skin from the back of the scalp and removing the hair follicles to insert into another area of the scalp. At Modena we usually find this procedure works best.
- FUE involves removing hair follicles directly from the scalp for transplantation to other areas using a specialized punch less than 1mm in diameter.
Until recently many people believed hair transplants were only available for men, but with the steady increase in female hair loss in America, hair transplants among women have become more common.
When you visit Modena Hair Institute, board-certified physician Dr. Amir Yazdan will recommend the most suitable and effective treatment course components for your particular condition, based on factors including your medical profile, hair loss condition, and stage of shedding.
When following a Modena hair loss treatment course – whether laser therapy or hair transplantation – it’s important to keep in contact with one of our centers, so our specialists can ensure your hair is being treated as safely and successfully as possible.
As you continue on your hair restoration journey, know what to look for and what questions to ask. Your hair, your appearance and your confidence deserve to be in the most capable of surgical hands.
For all matters hair contact one of our offices at 888-717-5273 or visit Modenahair.com.
Dr. Amir Yazdan, MD, is an internationally renowned hair transplant surgeon, expert guest on Dr. Phil and The Doctors, creator of the GroMD hair restoration product line, ISHRS member, and an advocate for patient care. Learn more about Dr. Yazdan or read rave reviews from his patients.