Top 5 Vitamins for Luxurious Hair
Not only are vitamins and nutrients essential for a healthy body and bodily function, but they also play a key role in keeping the hair on our heads from shedding. A high-quality multi-vitamin is important and of course, a healthy diet is essential, however, many suffer from nutrient deficiencies due to underlying conditions such as a thyroid problem- both hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism and a hormonal imbalance. Some people will require additional supplementation to bring us back up to optimal healthy, luxurious hair.
The truth is hair loss can be a complex process that generally involves various genetic, hormonal and even environmental factors. Just like our skin, the hair follicle is subject to the aging process! Sometimes hair loss can even be due to a vitamin deficiency. Fortunately, Modena Hair Institute is here to tell you it can easily be corrected by adding vitamin-rich foods to your diet or supplementation. Some vitamins have antioxidant properties that help ward off factors of hair loss, and some vitamins help the body balance hormone levels – another factor that puts a halt to your hair growth!
Try Dr. Yazdan’s Top Natural Healthy Hair Vitamins
- Fish Oil – Oils rich in fatty acids have been used extensively in both animal and human studies to evaluate the effects it has on hair and skin health. Omega-3 fats nourish the hair, support hair thickening and reduces inflammation that can lead to hair loss. In one study, almost 90% of participants reported a reduction in hair loss and an improvement in hair diameter and hair density after a 6-month study of men and women suffering from male and female-pattern baldness.
- Zinc – Zinc compounds have been used for decades as a natural way in treating hair loss conditions such as Telogen Effluvium and Alopecia Areata. Zinc is also a potent inhibitor of hair follicle regression, and it accelerates hair follicle recovery. Dr. Yazdan considers zinc one of the most important vitamins for hair growth!
- B-Complex – Biotin and Vitamin B5 have been used as natural alternatives to hair loss. Biotin benefits your hair by rebuilding the hair that has been damaged by heat, whether it be exposure to sun, blow drying or ironing. Vitamin B5 supports the adrenal glands, which also help stimulate hair growth.
- Iron – Several studies have examined the direct link between an iron deficiency and hair loss, some suggest that an iron deficiency may be related to Alopecia Areata, Androgenetic Alopecia, Telogen Effluvium and diffuse hair loss with women being at a higher risk of hair loss due to an iron deficiency. Load up on your spinach and collard greens ladies!
- Vitamin D – Hair follicles are highly sensitive to hormones. In the scientific world, it is well-known that Alopecia Areata is commonly found in patients with a vitamin D deficiency. Direct sun is the best way to absorb your essential daily intake of vitamin D, however, using topical solutions and eating vitamin D-rich foods such as salmon, halibut, whitefish and mushrooms can also increase your vitamin D levels.
To reverse hair loss and increase hair strength, Modena Hair Restoration also recommends adding a hair loss prevention shampoo to your hair care regimen for optimal benefits! GroMD Hair Loss Prevention Shampoo can give you the added boost you need in restoring your hair and confidence! Try it RISK-FREE with a full money back guarantee if you’re unsatisfied with the results.
If you feel your heading down a slippery slope of unruly hair and bad health, a simple nutrient testing can be performed to reveal any deficiencies in all, those nutrients necessary for hair health!
For questions or to schedule a consultation, call one of our offices conveniently located in Irvine, Newport Beach, Beverly Hills and Las Vegas at 888-717-5273 or contact via our website at contact Modena Hair Link