When Hair Transplants Fail: Modena’s Patient Advocacy
Many medical practices – both small and large – are laying claim to the art of hair transplantation. This is happening for a number of not-so-good reasons. Hair transplantation has grown increasingly popular in the last few years and is reliably conjectured to continue booming well into the next decade. As men and women grow more comfortable with the use of aesthetic procedures, especially those involving hair restoration, clinics of all cosmetic and surgical backgrounds are seeking to add hair transplantation to their menu of offerings.
This can spell disaster for would-be patients of those clinics, as well as established hair transplant practitioners who command a dynamic, erudite and prestigious background.
As visceral advocates for patient safety, we would like to highlight the most important points of verification when researching hair transplant doctors. First and foremost, find out the level of skill and expertise of the operating physician, and make sure they are board-certified. Salient features which define top hair transplant practitioners are:
- Member of distinguished hair transplant societies like the International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons (IAHRS) and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS).
- Provides a thorough exposition of the surgical or medical plan. What will the surgery entail? What kind of grafting will take place? How many future sessions or appointments may be needed?
- Substantial number of successful transplants performed. Willingness to share case studies and provide reliable testimonials.
- Extremely patient friendly and easy to be around. They should not try to sell or seduce you into a quick and hasty decision.
- Willingness to provide before-after photographs of the donor and recipient sites, so that you are very sure of the results.
- Specializes exclusively in hair transplantation and hair restoration.
As director of Modena Hair Institute, Dr. Yazdan has pioneered sophisticated hair transplant methods and instrumentation, specifically with regard to Follicular Unit Extraction. His hair restoration efforts have focused on patient care and post-op success. Schedule a personal consultation with him today.
Dr. Amir Yazdan, MD, is an internationally renowned hair transplant surgeon, expert guest on Dr. Phil and The Doctors, creator of the GroMD hair restoration product line, ISHRS member, and a visceral advocate for patient care. Learn more about Dr. Yazdan or read rave reviews from his patients.