Wish you had fuller, thicker, longer hair?
Us too. Unfortunately, we were all gifted our specific hair type at birth. This was a trait passed down genetically by our parents. Whether you have curly, thick, long, voluminous hair or thin, short, fine hair, we each have the type of hair we have.
If you’ve found this page through an internet search, it’s no surprise to you there are endless hair growth options out there. From simple home remedies to over the counter products, to vitamins, to more aggressive approaches like PRP or laser therapy, it seems there’s a new hair growth option every week.
While these methods may effectively work to promote hair growth, they won’t give you thick, full hair when you’ve had thin, fine hair your whole life. These products work to stimulate more growth, not to change your hair’s inherent chemical composition.
Bummer, isn’t it? Well, while changing the nature of your hair isn’t in your control, changing how you style it is.
Thanks to hair enthusiasts and stylists from all around the world, we’ve compiled a handy how-to for how to make your hair appear longer, thicker, and more voluminous.
- Part it
- A part down the middle gives the appearance of longer hair.
- Style it
- Blow dry your hair upside down, using a round brush and focusing on the roots. This lifts hair up, giving it more volume once dried.
- When styling, go for the messy look by tousling and teasing the hair.
- Wear hair in a messy bun or layered ponytail.
- Use volumizing products
- Mousse and other after-shower products help add texture which makes hair more volumized once fully dried.
- Use color to your advantage
- Highlights added to just the right areas of the hair give the appearance of a full, thick head of hair.
- Dark hair color gives the illusion of thicker, longer hair.
- Add layers
- Layers can be added using razor cut or step cut techniques.
- Layers are very flattering for many different face shapes. They add sophistication to your hair cut.
- Try side-bangs. They provide height and volume in the front of the hair.