Hair restoration is the most powerful and permanent way of correcting hair loss in men and women.
When it comes to hair restoration surgery, the best results are achieved when a highly skilled and experienced hair restoration surgeon performs the surgery from start to finish.
Dr. Yazdan’s highly specialized and artistic FUE Method:
- Micro incisions 0.8mm (Most clinics use 1.2mm)
- Accurate Depth Control
- Graft Survival Rate up to 99%
- Recipient sites created with natural hair line design
Over the past decade, techniques for performing hair restoration have advanced greatly, making the surgery more reliable and capable of producing very natural, lasting results. There are, however, still plenty of opportunities for hair transplants to go wrong and produce undesirable results. When a patient is not happy with the results of a hair transplant, he or she may seek a corrective hair transplant to provide a more natural look.
With hair restoration becoming more and more popular, many surgeons and medical practices seek ways to capitalize on this revenue stream – even ones who may not have the experience or skills required to successfully perform hair transplants.
In other cases, hair restoration clinics may perform hair transplants using a rotating staff of surgeons and support teams, rather than using one surgical team to perform the surgery from start to finish.
Common mistakes include unskilled removal of hair follicles from the donor site, which can result in scarring or uneven patches, and unnatural or unsuitable placement of the hair grafts. In some cases, grafts are placed so badly that new hair growth does not occur.
This helps prevent errors when the hair grafts are harvested from the donor site and when they are transplanted to their new location. Another key to success is the surgeon’s artistic skill – a natural and aesthetically pleasing outcome depends upon the surgeon’s ability to reproduce the patient’s natural hairline.
Thanks to many years of experience performing hair transplants, Dr. Yazdan is able to easily identify what has gone wrong during a primary hair transplant. He then creates a plan to correct these mistakes so he can craft a more natural outcome for the patient. Once the errors have been identified and a plan created, the corrective hair transplant is performed similarly to any other hair transplant performed by Dr. Yazdan.
- The first step involves harvesting hair grafts from the donor site. Dr. Yazdan will take special care to preserve the integrity of the scalp in the donor area and, if necessary, will work to address any scarring that occurred during the primary hair transplant. The approach used will depend upon the patient’s unique needs and the condition of the donor site.
- Next the hair grafts are carefully prepared for transplantation.
- Finally the hair grafts are individually placed in the recipient site, with special attention given to the angle of placement, density, pattern and hairline shape.
Dr. Yazdan and his medical team manage the entire process from start to finish, helping to ensure a more consistent, natural result.
When performed by a surgeon who specializes in corrective hair transplants, the results of the surgery will be natural, aesthetically pleasing, and a dramatic improvement from the primary hair transplant. Hair begins to grow around 3 months postoperatively. The full results of a hair transplant are usually seen within 12 to 18 months. More than one procedure may be required, the need for which will be accessed after the hair grows in.